Constructed in 1860 by David Wills next to his home on the town square where Abraham Lincoln stayed before delivering his famous Gettysburg Address (now owned by NPS and known as the David Wills House). The main level was originally the H. G. Carr Grocery, Queensware and Notions Store while the second floor was the photographic studio of Charles J. and Isaac G. Tyson, two brothers who became well known nationally for their Gettysburg battlefield photographs. Charles Tyson was mentor and later partner of William H. Tipson who became the premier photographer of Gettysburg Battlefield scenes and monuments. This Civil War Plaque building is historically significant as it retains, to this day, an embedded Confederate artillery shell (3" Hotchkiss Rifle) in the front of the structure. It is probable the shell was fired from Oak Ridge, northwest of town. The building currently has 3 separate units and off-street parking from the rear E. Zerfing Alley.
Cable TV Available, Electric Available, Sewer Available, Water Available, Natural Gas Available
Private, Paved Parking, Gravel Driveway, Permit Required
|Price Reduced from $595,000 to $579,000|
RE/MAX of Gettysburg.
The listing content relating to real estate for sale on this web site is courtesy of MRIS. Listing information comes from various brokers who participate in the MRIS IDX.Properties listed with brokerage firms other than Atlantic Real Estate, LLC are marked with the MRIS Logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing brokers.The properties displayed may not be all the properties available. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.All listing information copyright MRIS 2019.
Listing information last updated on July 18th, 2019 at 4:04pm EDT.